Prep 2 mins
Cook 24 hrs
From Cooking Light Cookbook, 1989. I love to try all kinds of flank steak marinades and preparations. This one has tequila and cilantro too. 24 hr. marination.
- Trim steak and place in a large, shallow dish for marinating inches.
- Combine the lime juice and next 4 ingredients; pour over the steak and cover and marinate in the refrigerator for 24 hours, turning occasionally.
- Remove the steak from the marinade and discard the marinade.
- Grill about 7 minutes per side until done to your taste.
- Slice steak across the grain into 1/4 inch slices.
- Serve immediately.
We made this according to the recipe (excluding cilantro) and the tequila taste was *very* strong. To the extent that we thought it might still be alcoholic. I enjoy my tequila a lot, but this was just too much in a meat dish. I would suggest either decreasing the tequila, decreasing the marination time, or using a cut of beef much thicker than a flank steak. It was much better cut up on a quesadilla than eaten straight, but I would still try to decrease the tequila.