Recipe by Oolala
From Cooking Light Cookbook, 1989. I love to try all kinds of flank steak marinades and preparations. This one has tequila and cilantro too. 24 hr. marination.
Top Review by spyforthemoon
We made this according to the recipe (excluding cilantro) and the tequila taste was *very* strong. To the extent that we thought it might still be alcoholic. I enjoy my tequila a lot, but this was just too much in a meat dish. I would suggest either decreasing the tequila, decreasing the marination time, or using a cut of beef much thicker than a flank steak. It was much better cut up on a quesadilla than eaten straight, but I would still try to decrease the tequila.
- 1 (1 1/2 lb) flank steaks
- 1⁄4 cup lime juice
- 1⁄4 cup tequila
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro, minced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons black pepper, coarsely ground
- cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- Trim steak and place in a large, shallow dish for marinating inches.
- Combine the lime juice and next 4 ingredients; pour over the steak and cover and marinate in the refrigerator for 24 hours, turning occasionally.
- Remove the steak from the marinade and discard the marinade.
- Grill about 7 minutes per side until done to your taste.
- Slice steak across the grain into 1/4 inch slices.
- Serve immediately.