Grilled wings in a creamy garlic sauce make a tasty treat for your backyard barbeque. Don't be nervous about grilling with mayo if you've never done it before. It works great. These wings are a nice alternative to hot wings, although you can kick up the heat with a splash of hot sauce at the end. The recipe was inspired by my sister Sue who writes a "Wingscapade" blog from Jacksonville, FL.
- Wisk together the minced garlic, lemon juice, mayonaise, and diced jalapenos.
- In a large bowl or freezer bag, dust the wings with the garlic powder, paprika, and black pepper.
- Mix wings with 3-4 spoonfuls of the garlic sauce. Marinade in the refrigerator for 30 minutes or more or get right to grilling.
- Grill over medium heat, about 20 minutes or until the wings are thoroughly cooked. Turn frequently, basting liberally with the garlic sauce.
- Splash with your favorite hot sauce at the end if you prefer your wings with a little more heat.
I used this marinade/sauce for chicken breasts, which I baked. It was absolutely delicious and I look forward to grilling with it as well!