From A Taste of Italy (1996) by The American Cooking Guild: "Make this dish with plump, juicy tomatoes picked right off the vine. You know the kind: with every bite, the juice drips exquisitely down your chin." Cook time is marinating time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb fresh tomato, peeled, seeded, diced
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil leaves or 1 tablespoon oregano leaves, minced
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 6 slices Italian bread, grilled (bruschetta or crostini)
- 1Combine all ingredients except the grilled bread in a medium bowl. Marinate 30 minutes at room temperature.
- 2Spoon relish on top of grilled bread.
- 3TIP: Also delicious spooned over grilled eggplant.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Garlic Bread With Fresh Tomato Relish
Serving Size: 1 (101 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 88.5
- Calories from Fat 27
- Total Fat 3.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 120.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 2.4 g