Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
From A Taste of Italy (1996) by The American Cooking Guild: "Make this dish with plump, juicy tomatoes picked right off the vine. You know the kind: with every bite, the juice drips exquisitely down your chin." Cook time is marinating time.
- 1 lb fresh tomato, peeled, seeded, diced
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil leaves or 1 tablespoon oregano leaves, minced
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 6 slices Italian bread, grilled (bruschetta or crostini)
- Combine all ingredients except the grilled bread in a medium bowl. Marinate 30 minutes at room temperature.
- Spoon relish on top of grilled bread.
- TIP: Also delicious spooned over grilled eggplant.