Prep 10 mins
Cook 4 mins
This is so simple, but so delicious with grilled meats. This recipe came from Taste Of Home magazine.
- 1 loaf French bread (approx. 16 oz.)
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, softened
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Cut the bread into 8 slices.
- In a small bowl, combine the butter and the garlic powder.
- Spread on one side of each slice of bread.
- Place bread, buttered side up, on a grill over medium heat for 2 minutes or until browned.
- Turn and grill 2 minutes longer or until browned.
- Yield: 8 servings.
As I always have garlic butter in the freezer I used that and cooked it under the grill/broiler - toasted one side first and then buttered the other and grilled/broiled that till nice and brown but I think the results would be better if done on the b-b-q as you would get that flavour that you can only get from the b-b-q so will be doing again on the b-b-q once the warmer weather comes. Thank you Barenaked Chef, made for 123 Hits tag game.
These are great - love the grill marks! If you cut them an inch thick they are soft on the inside and crispy on the outside. I didn't measure anything, and used fresh garlic.
We grilled this as a side for grilled ribeye steaks and sauteed snow peas. It was incredibly easy and rounded out our meal very well. We have recently invested in a charcoal grill and love the added flavor of everything we prepare using it. Why did we ever waste our time with gas? LOL