Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
Garlic Roasted Asparagus With Parmesan was the inspiration for this recipe. I served it over whole wheat angel hair pasta.
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 garlic cloves
- 1 lb salmon
- 1⁄2 lb asparagus, fresh
- 4 tablespoons cheese, shredded (I used a combination of parmesan, romano and asiago)
- Place oil and crushed, peeled garlic in a small sauce pan. Heat over medium heat until garlic just starts to brown. Remove from heat and let cool. Discard garlic.
- Brush small amount of oil on asparagus and set aside.
- Spoon a small amount of oil onto salmon and spread it around with your hand or brush. You want to have it on both sides so that it doesn't stick to the grill. DO NOT PUT THE BRUSH IN AND OUT OF THE OIL.
- Place salmon on preheated grill. Cook on medium high heat for 4-5 minutes. Just before turning salmon place asparagus on grill. Turn salmon and cook another 4-5 minutes or until the fish reaches 145°F internally.
- Place pasta on plates. Drizzle remaining oil on pasta. Place asparagus and fish on top of pasta. Top with cheese.
Salmon on the grill with fresh asparagus makes a wonderful combination. I used fresh asparagus tips and a grill pan to cook it. The meal was enjoyed by all. Made for *PAC Spring 2010*
Nice dinner. I made this as directed with salmon filets and some thin asparagus. Since the weather isn't very nice, I grilled these on my stove top grill. My asparagus was so thin that it kept falling into the 'grooves' of the grill, so I'd suggest using thicker stalks to keep track of them better, lol. Thanks once again cookee for another winner. Made for PAC Spring 2009.