Top Review by PaulaG
Salmon on the grill with fresh asparagus makes a wonderful combination. I used fresh asparagus tips and a grill pan to cook it. The meal was enjoyed by all. Made for *PAC Spring 2010*
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 garlic cloves
- 1 lb salmon
- 1⁄2 lb asparagus, fresh
- 4 tablespoons cheese, shredded (I used a combination of parmesan, romano and asiago)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place oil and crushed, peeled garlic in a small sauce pan. Heat over medium heat until garlic just starts to brown. Remove from heat and let cool. Discard garlic.
- Brush small amount of oil on asparagus and set aside.
- Spoon a small amount of oil onto salmon and spread it around with your hand or brush. You want to have it on both sides so that it doesn't stick to the grill. DO NOT PUT THE BRUSH IN AND OUT OF THE OIL.
- Place salmon on preheated grill. Cook on medium high heat for 4-5 minutes. Just before turning salmon place asparagus on grill. Turn salmon and cook another 4-5 minutes or until the fish reaches 145°F internally.
- Place pasta on plates. Drizzle remaining oil on pasta. Place asparagus and fish on top of pasta. Top with cheese.