Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 mins
Purchase larger size shrimp for this, this complete recipe can be doubled.
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened (no subs!)
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 -2 tablespoon minced fresh garlic
- 1 -2 tablespoon minced shallot
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 2 lbs large uncooked fresh shrimp, peeled and deveined
- salt and black pepper
- wooden skewer (soaked in water for 30 minutes)
- Soak the wooden skewers in cold water for a minumum of 30 minutes.
- Set grill for high heat.
- In a large bowl mix together softened butter, olive oil, garlic, shallots, chives, paprika, salt and pepper; add in the shrimp; toss to coat.
- Thread the shrimp onto skewers.
- Lighty oil the grill grate.
- Cook shrimp as close to the flame as possible for about 2-3 minutes per side or until the shrimp are opaque in colour.