Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
What is better than a burger on the grill? These are very nicely flavored with herbs and garlic. Fresh herbs are best, but you can use dried; just cut back quantities because they have a more intense flavor.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chives, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat grill for medium-high heat.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine meat, herbs, garlic, bread crumbs, egg, lemon juice, salt, and pepper until well mixed.
- Split mixture into four equal portions.
- Shape into rectangular patties about 5-6 inches long.
- Place patties on lightly oiled grill grate and cook for 8-10 minutes on each side to the degree of doneness that you desire.
- Remove from heat and serve on buns.