Grilled Garden Vegetable Sandwiches
Prep 25 mins
Cook 15 mins
- 4 slices red onions (1/4-inch thick)
- 1 medium zucchini, cut lengthwise into 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick slices
- 1 small red bell pepper, halved,seeded
- 1⁄2 small eggplant, peeled,cut into 1/2 inch thick slices
- 1⁄2 cup Italian salad dressing
- 8 slices multi-grain bread or 8 slices sourdough bread, toasted if desired
- 3 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
- Heat grill.
- When ready to grill, place onion over medium gas grill or charcoal grill 4 to 6 inches from medium coals.
- Cook 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, brush zucchini, bell pepper and eggplant with salad dressing.
- Brush onion on grill with salad dressing; turn onion.
- Place zucchini, bell pepper, and eggplant, dressing side down, on grill; cook 13 to 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender, brushing with salad dressing and turning once.
- Remove vegetables from grill.
- Cut zucchini and bell pepper into bite-sized pieces.
- Spread 1 side of each toasted bread slice with any remaining dressing.
- Sprinkle cheese evenly on 4 bread slices.
- Top evenly with warm vegetables.
- Cover with remaining bread slices, dressing side down.