1/1 Photo of Grilled fruity balsamic chicken with cilantro salad.
Fire up your grill for this elegant and tasty summer meal. The balsamic glaze can be made up to a week ahead and kept until you're ready to use it. This is quick and easy to make but also very impressive. My entry in the "Ready, Set, Cook" competition.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 2 tablespoons freshly cracked black pepper
- 2 peaches, halved and pitted
- 1 romaine lettuce, washed and outer leaves removed
- 1 cucumber, peeled,and julienned
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/2 small white onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper
- fresh shaved parmesan cheese
- 1In a small saucepan over medium high heat, bring the vinegar to a boil and cook until it is reduced by half, 20-25 minutes.
- 2Stir in the molasses and black pepper.
- 3Remove from heat.
- 4Brush the balsamic glaze into the chicken and place on the heated grill to start cooking.
- 5When the chicken is nearly done place the peaches on the grill, cut side down and grill until they are nicely brown (about 2 minutes).
- 6Turn them over, brush the cut side with the balsamic glaze, and continue to cook for another 2 minutes.
- 7Remove the peaches and chicken from the grill and give them another coat of glaze.
- 9Combine the cilantro and olive oil in a blender or processor and puree.
- 10Whisk in the vinegar,onion, salt and pepper.
- 11Toss the dressing through the prepared lettuce and cucumber.
- 13To serve this dish, place the salad onto two plates.
- 14Lay a sliced chicken breast on top of the salad and place two peach halves beside the chicken.
- 15Scatter the shaved parmesan over the top and garnish with a sprig of cilantro.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled fruity balsamic chicken with cilantro salad.
Serving Size: 1 (1409 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1192.7
- Calories from Fat 564
- Total Fat 62.7 g
- Saturated Fat 9.2 g
- Cholesterol 151.0 mg
- Sodium 1536.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 98.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 17.4 g
- Sugars 65.4 g
- Protein 61.2 g