Recipe by dale!
Fire up your grill for this elegant and tasty summer meal. The balsamic glaze can be made up to a week ahead and kept until you're ready to use it. This is quick and easy to make but also very impressive. My entry in the "Ready, Set, Cook" competition.
Top Review by T. Woolfe
This one definately goes in the *Chicken rotation*. It might be a good one one to slightly microwave/precook the chicken to keep down the the burning on the sugary glaze on the grill/grillpan. Reducing Balsamic has some great uses. T.
- 2 skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup molasses
- 2 tablespoons freshly cracked black pepper
- 2 peaches, halved and pitted
- 1 romaine lettuce, washed and outer leaves removed
- 1 cucumber, peeled,and julienned
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 small white onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper
- fresh shaved parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small saucepan over medium high heat, bring the vinegar to a boil and cook until it is reduced by half, 20-25 minutes.
- Stir in the molasses and black pepper.
- Remove from heat.
- Brush the balsamic glaze into the chicken and place on the heated grill to start cooking.
- When the chicken is nearly done place the peaches on the grill, cut side down and grill until they are nicely brown (about 2 minutes).
- Turn them over, brush the cut side with the balsamic glaze, and continue to cook for another 2 minutes.
- Remove the peaches and chicken from the grill and give them another coat of glaze.
- Combine the cilantro and olive oil in a blender or processor and puree.
- Whisk in the vinegar,onion, salt and pepper.
- Toss the dressing through the prepared lettuce and cucumber.
- To serve this dish, place the salad onto two plates.
- Lay a sliced chicken breast on top of the salad and place two peach halves beside the chicken.
- Scatter the shaved parmesan over the top and garnish with a sprig of cilantro.