Fire up your grill for this elegant and tasty summer meal. The balsamic glaze can be made up to a week ahead and kept until you're ready to use it. This is quick and easy to make but also very impressive. My entry in the "Ready, Set, Cook" competition.
- 2 skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup molasses
- 2 tablespoons freshly cracked black pepper
- 2 peaches, halved and pitted
- 1 romaine lettuce, washed and outer leaves removed
- 1 cucumber, peeled,and julienned
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 small white onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper
- fresh shaved parmesan cheese
- In a small saucepan over medium high heat, bring the vinegar to a boil and cook until it is reduced by half, 20-25 minutes.
- Stir in the molasses and black pepper.
- Remove from heat.
- Brush the balsamic glaze into the chicken and place on the heated grill to start cooking.
- When the chicken is nearly done place the peaches on the grill, cut side down and grill until they are nicely brown (about 2 minutes).
- Turn them over, brush the cut side with the balsamic glaze, and continue to cook for another 2 minutes.
- Remove the peaches and chicken from the grill and give them another coat of glaze.
- Combine the cilantro and olive oil in a blender or processor and puree.
- Whisk in the vinegar,onion, salt and pepper.
- Toss the dressing through the prepared lettuce and cucumber.
- To serve this dish, place the salad onto two plates.
- Lay a sliced chicken breast on top of the salad and place two peach halves beside the chicken.
- Scatter the shaved parmesan over the top and garnish with a sprig of cilantro.