Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Wonderful summer snack or dessert.
Make and share this Grilled Fruit With Chocolate Yogurt Dip recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cantaloupe
- 1 lb large strawberry
- 4 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1⁄2 ounce bittersweet chocolate
- 1 ounce ouzo
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- Cut cantaloupe in half vertically and take seeds out and cut the cantaloupe in 2 inch wedges. Hull and rinse the strawberries.
- Mix the balsamic, and lime juice together and put in a large zip lock. Place the fruit in the bag a little at a time coating them thoroughly and put on a plate till all fruit is covered.
- Take the 1 ounce of ouzo and brown sugar and heat to a boil. Shut off heat and remove from burner. Place the 1/2 ounce bittersweet chocolate into the pan and allow to melt stirring constantly so it wont stick to bottom. Cool 5 minutes and then add to 1 cup yogurt in a small bowl. Mix thoroughly. Put in fridge till fruit is done.
- Heat up the grill and place cantaloupe wedges on a medium flame for 3-4 minutes a side or until well caramelized. Do the same with the strawberries.
- Remove the cantaloupe from the rind and cut two inch pieces and arrange fruit on a serving plate and place dip in middle.
- Have toothpicks handy to handle the fruit.
I thought the grilled fruit was good, but we didn't care for the yogurt dip. It was a little tart for us. Maybe needed some additional brown sugar. All in all pretty good.