From Chatelaine Easy Grilling recipe book. When I saw this recipe, I had to make it. It did not disappoint! I never thought to grill fruit, but it gives a wonderfully unique flavor to the old fruit standby.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup regular sour cream or 1 cup light sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon liquid honey
- 1/2-1 teaspoon cinnamon or 1/4-1/2 teaspoon ground ginger (I used cinnamon)
- 1To make dip, in a small bowl, stir sour cream with vanilla, honey and cinnamon (or ginger).
- 2Taste, then add more cinnamon (or ginger) if needed.
- 3You can make this ahead, if you do, cover and refrigerate.
- 4To grill fruit, lightly oil grill and heat BBQ to medium/high.
- 5BBQ pineapple and mango with lid closed, turning occasionally, until grill marks form, fruit is hot, 6- 8 minutes.
- 6Bananas will cook quickly, so add for last 1 to 2 minutes of grilling.
- 7Remove to cutting board as pieces are done.
- 8Cut into small chunks and serve on a platter.
- 9Add optional strawberries.
- 10Serve with cinnamon cream for dipping or drizzle over fruit and have toothpicks on hand.
- 11Can serve warm or at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Fruit Salad With Cinnamon Cream
Serving Size: 1 (395 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 298.2
- Calories from Fat 164
- Total Fat 18.2 g
- Saturated Fat 11.2 g
- Cholesterol 40.5 mg
- Sodium 73.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 22.0 g
- Protein 3.1 g