Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
I am posting this for the Zaar World Tour II. I have not tried this. It is compliments of http://www.care2.com/channels/solutions/food/1435 . Time is a estimate and does not include the soaking of the skewers I think? Bar B-Q Grill is required.
- 6 peaches, firm, ripe pitted and cut into 8 wedges per peach
- 5 plums, firm, ripe pitted and cut into 8 wedges per plum
- 10 apricots, firm, ripe halved and pitted
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple chunks in juice, drained or 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple, ripe peeled, cored, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 36 bamboo skewers, soaked in cold water 30 minutes (or more)
- Preheat an outdoor grill, or preheat a grill pan for 3 to 5 minutes over medium-high heat.
- Brush the grill rack or pan lightly with vegetable oil.
- Thread 4 assorted pieces of fruit onto each skewer.
- Grill the kebabs in batches, turning once, until lightly browned and slightly softened, about 5 minutes.
- Transfer to a platter and serve with the sweet syrup on the side and/or your choice of ice cream.
Made this for PAC Spring 2007 - NOT the season for peaches & apricots yet, but managed with fresh pineapple, dried apricots, fresh plums and fresh mango & strawberries. Served as a garnish to Lavendar Pound Cake and am sad to say there were no left overs. Grilling really sweetens the fruit! Can't wait until I can obtain some fresh peaches & apricots to see the results. Will re-review at that time. Thanks for a great recipe!