Creation in Hope's Note:
I am posting this for the Zaar World Tour II. I have not tried this. It is compliments of http://www.care2.com/channels/solutions/food/1435 . Time is a estimate and does not include the soaking of the skewers I think? Bar B-Q Grill is required.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 peaches, firm, ripe pitted and cut into 8 wedges per peach
- 5 plums, firm, ripe pitted and cut into 8 wedges per plum
- 10 apricots, firm, ripe halved and pitted
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple chunks in juice, drained or 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple, ripe peeled, cored, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 36 bamboo skewers, soaked in cold water 30 minutes (or more)
- 1Preheat an outdoor grill, or preheat a grill pan for 3 to 5 minutes over medium-high heat.
- 2Brush the grill rack or pan lightly with vegetable oil.
- 3Thread 4 assorted pieces of fruit onto each skewer.
- 4Grill the kebabs in batches, turning once, until lightly browned and slightly softened, about 5 minutes.
- 5Transfer to a platter and serve with the sweet syrup on the side and/or your choice of ice cream.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Fruit Kabobs
Serving Size: 1 (363 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 148.2
- Calories from Fat 6
- Total Fat 0.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 32.7 g
- Protein 2.4 g