1/1 Photo of Grilled Fried Egg, Bologna and Cheese Sandwich
Chef #2706338's Note:
I was craving fried bologna. Came across an Egg, Cheese Bologna recipe and tweaked it a little bit to make it like a grilled cheese sandwich! Delicious!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2Slit the bologna in 4 places alond the side to 1/2 to middle (like a pinwheel) to prevent it from curling when fried.
- 3Mayo one side of 2 slices of bread (I prefer to grill with mayo -- browns better than butter -- a trick I learned from a diner).
- 4Add small pat of butter to grease a non-stick frying pan on medium. Add the bologna. Fry to your liking turning frequently as not to burn. Transfer to one piece of your bread on the un-mayo side.
- 5Fry an egg. You will have plenty of grease to fry it inches Poke yolk. Flip. Add a slice of cheese to cooked side. Fry it through. Transfer to on top of bologna.
- 6Put other slice of bread over. Mayo side out. Transfer to fry pan. Grill it like you would a grilled cheese sandwich. I put Frank's Red Hot cayanne pepper sauce as a condiment. (milder than Tabasco) -- use whatever condiment you want or leave it plain! Super YUMMY!
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Fried Egg, Bologna and Cheese Sandwich
Serving Size: 1 (203 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 603.6
- Calories from Fat 380
- Total Fat 42.2 g
- Saturated Fat 16.5 g
- Cholesterol 256.0 mg
- Sodium 1508.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 21.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: