A great one from USA Weekend
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 large Italian plum tomatoes, sliced thin (juice from sliced tomatoes reserved)
- 29.58 ml olive oil, divided
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 453.59 g store-bought pizza dough (or homemade)
- salt & fresh ground pepper
- 85.04 g about 3/4 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 946.36 ml packed arugula or 946.36 ml Baby Spinach
- 1Turn all burners of a gas grill on high or build a charcoal fire. Meanwhile, lay sliced tomatoes on a baking sheet. Mix 1 tablespoon of the oil with the minced garlic. Drizzle oil over tomatoes; set aside.
- 2Without punching or kneading dough (which makes stretching more difficult), turn dough onto a lightly floured surface. Using a dough scraper or sharp knife, quarter dough crosswise. Working one at a time, stretch each portion into a rustic 12- by 3½- to 4-inch rectangle; transfer to a large cornmeal-coated baking sheet.
- 3Reduce grill heat to medium; lift stretched pieces of dough on grill. Cover and cook until bottoms are spotty brown, moving them around and punching dough down as necessary to ensure even cooking, 3 to 4 minutes. Return pizza crusts, grilled side up, to baking sheet, topping each with a portion of tomatoes (reserving any remaining garlicky tomato liquid). Lightly sprinkle tomatoes with salt and top with a portion of mozzarella cheese. Return pizzas to grill; cover and continue to grill until pizza bottoms are spotty brown, 3 to 4 minutes longer. Transfer to a cutting board.
- 4Meanwhile, toss arugula with olives, feta, remaining tablespoon of oil and a light sprinkling of salt and pepper. Drizzle in reserved tomato juice; toss to coat again. Top each pizza with a portion of salad. Transfer to a cutting board, cut into pieces and serve.
Browse Our Top < 30 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 30 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Fresh Tomato & Greek Salad Pizza
Serving Size: 1 (124 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 145.3
- Calories from Fat 106
- Total Fat 11.8 g
- Saturated Fat 3.7 g
- Cholesterol 16.8 mg
- Sodium 143.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 6.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: