1/6 Photos of Grilled Fresh Herb Brined Pork Chops
4 hrs 22 mins
This is a recipe I want to try and comes from Food Network Canada.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a bowl add the brown sugar, kosher salt and apple cider. Stir to dissolve.
- 2Add 2 cups of cold water to the bowl. Add two tablespoons of olive oil, balsamic vinegar, pepper, rosemary branches and bay leaves.
- 3Place the pork chops into a large sealable plastic bag. Place this plastic bag into another of equal size to offer extra safety. The plastic bags can be standing in a large pot to make it more secure. Pour the brine overtop of the chops and seal the plastic bags. Place in the refrigerator to rest for a minimum of 4 hours up to overnight.
- 4After the required time has passed, remove the pork chops from the brine and place on a large tray. Pat them dry with paper towel and dispose of the brine. The pork chops have to come to room temperature before grilling.
- 5Preheat the barbecue to 500°F/250°C with heat on one side of the grill and no heat on the other.
- 6Lightly brush both sides of the pork chops with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Sear the pork chops over direct high heat for 6 minutes, turning once halfway through cooking time. Lower the temperature to 300°F/150°C and move the chops to the cool side of the grill.
- 7Continue to cook the pork chops over indirect medium heat for about 8 minutes per side with the lid closed.
- 8Once the juices run clear, take the pork chops off the grill and tent with aluminium foil. Allow to rest before serving.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Fresh Herb Brined Pork Chops
Serving Size: 1 (338 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 410.0
- Calories from Fat 202
- Total Fat 22.4 g
- Saturated Fat 6.5 g
- Cholesterol 137.3 mg
- Sodium 1277.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 7.4 g
- Protein 41.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: