Prep 15 mins
Cook 4 mins
Almost like a Danish pastry, without all the calories! Creamy texture inside. Good with mashed banana instead of apple.
- 4 ounces light cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 (10 inch) flour tortillas
- 1 cup red apple, with peel finely diced
- ground cinnamon, sprinkle
- Preheat lightly sprayed electric grill to medium low.
- Combine cream cheese, brown sugar and vanilla in small bowl until smooth. Divide and spread mixture over 2 tortillas. Sprinkle apple over remaining 2 tortillas. Sprinkle apple with cinnamon. Cover with first 2 tortillas. Slide, apple side down, onto grill. Cook for 1 1/2 to 2 minutes. Carefully turn over. Cook for 1 1/2 to 2 minutes until crispy and browed. Let stand for 1 minute. Cuts into 4 wedges each, for a total of 8.
- Company’s Coming Grilling.
I have made this twice. This is very good. The second time added drained squeeze dried crushed pineapple to the apples.