Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
I came up with this a while ago while figuring out what the heck to prepare with fresh fennel (I just liked the funny look of it and bought some). Turns out that this is a very easy to prepare, great-look-great-smell, vegetarian recipe. Hope you will find the same!
- 2 fennel bulbs
- 2 -3 big potatoes (or equivalent smaller ones)
- 3 fresh garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- sea salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- Heat your oven grille up to the highest possible temperature.
- Wash the fennel and cut it up. You can either make little "boats", i.e. cut it up vertically 8 times and leave all the green and trunks on it, or dice it up (2x2 inches) for faster cooking. The "boat" style looks very decorative.
- Peel the potato and dice it up (2x2 inches).
- Leave the skins on the garlic, but press them with fork so the skin is broken.
- Put fennel, potatoes, and garlic cloves in a big bowl, then add the olive oil, salt, and pepper. Mix thoroughly.
- Put mixed ingredients onto a greased baking sheet (or use baking paper), then slide the sheet under the grille (as far up as possible).
- Let bake until potatoes are crisp on top, twist on the sheet and bake until ready.
- Can be eaten as a vegetarian lunch by itself or as a side with poultry, meat or fish. Serving size is for main dish.