Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 mins
- 1⁄4 cup margarine or 1⁄4 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh parsley
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground red pepper (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 loaf unsliced French bread (16-ounce)
- In a medium skillet combine margarine or butter, parsley, garlic, and, if desired, red pepper.
- Heat over medium heat until margarine is melted.
- Stir in Parmesan cheese.
- Cut French bread in half lengthwise.
- Place bread, cut side down, on an uncovered grill directly over medium coals.
- Grill about 2 minutes or until toasted.
- Turn cut side up.
- Brush with margarine mixture.
- Grill for 1 to 2 minutes more.
- To serve, cut into 2-inch slices.
This was delicious. I made my own bread and then did the grill thing! It was an easy way to make a good tasting bread.
So easy and so delicious! The entire family went nuts for this bread and I loved how quick and easy it is to prepare. I melted the butter in the microwave rather than using a skillet. Make this every time you use the grill, you won't be sorry. Thanks for sharing the recipe!
Yum Jess, made a great light lunch! The only change I made was to use some hot crushed paprika rather than the ground red pepper.