Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
This recipe came out of the newspaper when we lived on Cape Cod many years ago. A quick and easy addition to any meal.
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, snipped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 loaf French bread, unsliced
- In a microwave safe bowl, combine butter or margarine, parsley, basil and garlic. Heat in microwave until butter is melted. Stir in parmesan cheese. Cut bread in half lengthwise.
- Place bread, cut side down on an uncovered grill directly over medium coals. Grill about 2 minutes or until lightly toasted. Turn cut side up. Brush with butter mixture. Grill for 1 to 2 minutes longer.
- To serve, cut into 2 inch slices.
Wow! What an awesome and easy way to do bread for dinner. I did it right on my gas grill and it turned just great. Thanks for a keeper!