Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
Grilled cheese with a difference! from B H & G
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 slices focaccia bread, about 1 inch thick,split in half horizontally
- 8 slices scamorza cheese or 8 slices provolone cheese (about 8 oz)
- 12 -16 fresh spinach leaves, washed and patted dry
- 1⁄4 cup finely crumbled cooked bacon or 1⁄4 cup turkey bacon
- To prepare each sandwich, spread 1 teaspoon of the olive oil on one side of each slice of bread.
- Place 2 slices cheese, three to four spinach leaves and 1 tablespoon cooked bacon between unbuttered sides of two bread slices.
- Place one sandwich in a large frypan or on a griddle.
- Cook over medium high heat for 3 to 4 minutes on eaach side or till the cheese is melted and the bread is golden brown.
- If necessary to prevent overbrowning, reduce to medium or brush on extra margarine, butter or olive oil.
- repeat for remaining sandwiches (if using thin focaccia, use two unsplit wedges to make each sandwich).
This was very easy and yummy!! I used turkey bacon because we don't eat bacon .. I also used onion/rosemary focaccia .. thank you :)