Grilled Formaggio Sandwiches
- To prepare each sandwich, spread 1 teaspoon of the olive oil on one side of each slice of bread.
- Place 2 slices cheese, three to four spinach leaves and 1 tablespoon cooked bacon between unbuttered sides of two bread slices.
- Place one sandwich in a large frypan or on a griddle.
- Cook over medium high heat for 3 to 4 minutes on eaach side or till the cheese is melted and the bread is golden brown.
- If necessary to prevent overbrowning, reduce to medium or brush on extra margarine, butter or olive oil.
- repeat for remaining sandwiches (if using thin focaccia, use two unsplit wedges to make each sandwich).