1/4 Photos of Grilled Flatbread
An exciting addition to a grilled meal... you can do it all on the grill! Depending on the humidity, you may need to add or subtract a tablespoon of water or flour to achieve a dough that is smooth and only slightly sticky before rising.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat grill until hot.
- 2Place 1/2 cup warm water in a medium size bowl and sprinkle the yeast on top; stir to dissolve, then set aside for 5 minutes until the yeast is foamy.
- 3Add olive oil, flour and salt and mix to combine.
- 4Turn the dough onto a well floured surface, knead 2 minutes or until elastic.
- 5Place dough in an oiled bowl, cover with plastic wrap and let it stand in a warm place for 30 minutes.
- 6Turn dough onto a lightly floured surface, divide into 4 equal pieces and roll out each piece to 1/8 inch thick round.
- 7Lightly brush one side of each round with olive oil and place the rounds oiled side down on the hot grill.
- 8Grill the flatbread for 2 minutes, brush the side that's facing up with olive oil and flip the rounds.
- 9Grill for 2 more minutes, remove from the grill and sprinkle the hot bread with salt before serving.
Browse Our Top Flat-Shaped Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Flat-Shaped Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Flatbread
Serving Size: 1 (47 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 183.0
- Calories from Fat 34
- Total Fat 3.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 582.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 4.5 g