Recipe by rsarahl
An exciting addition to a grilled meal... you can do it all on the grill! Depending on the humidity, you may need to add or subtract a tablespoon of water or flour to achieve a dough that is smooth and only slightly sticky before rising.
Top Review by brendaeallen
This was so easy! I set the dough outside to rise, so instead of taking it back inside to roll, I just patted them out and they came out fluffy and delicious. Will be making more next time, four disappeared pretty darn quick.
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat grill until hot.
- Place 1/2 cup warm water in a medium size bowl and sprinkle the yeast on top; stir to dissolve, then set aside for 5 minutes until the yeast is foamy.
- Add olive oil, flour and salt and mix to combine.
- Turn the dough onto a well floured surface, knead 2 minutes or until elastic.
- Place dough in an oiled bowl, cover with plastic wrap and let it stand in a warm place for 30 minutes.
- Turn dough onto a lightly floured surface, divide into 4 equal pieces and roll out each piece to 1/8 inch thick round.
- Lightly brush one side of each round with olive oil and place the rounds oiled side down on the hot grill.
- Grill the flatbread for 2 minutes, brush the side that's facing up with olive oil and flip the rounds.
- Grill for 2 more minutes, remove from the grill and sprinkle the hot bread with salt before serving.