Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
From Bon Appetit. Simple and tasty. Times do not include time to marinate.
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 4 large garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, chopped or 2 teaspoons dried rosemary
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1 1⁄2 lbs flank steaks
- Whisk oil, garlic, soy, and rosemary in 13 x 9 x 2-inch glass baking dish.
- Add steak; turn to coat.
- Cover; refrigerate at least 30 minutes or overnight, turning steak occasionally.
- Prepare barbecue (medium-high heat) or preheat broiler.
- Remove steak from marinade, letting excess drip off.
- Sprinkle steak with salt and pepper.
- Grill or broil steak until cooked to desired doneness, about 4 minutes per side for medium-rare.
- Transfer steak to platter.
- Slice thinly on diagonal across grain.
I have to agree with BerrySweet. This marinade was just OK...nothing special!
Soy sauce is too strong here. Marinated overnight, and it was very salty (and we used low-sodium soy) and you could not taste the other flavors. This needs something else to balance it. A disappointment from Bon Appetit.