Recipe by Leslie in Texas
This is a great "company" meal and goes well with the potato gratin with boursin that Mean Chef posted. It's from Bon Appetite's "Entertaining with Style" 1996. I have served it often and always gotten rave reviews from everyone.
Top Review by Abby Girl
I have been making this marinade since it was published in Bon Appetit years ago (we are not counting!!!) I do have a habit of cutting the oil down to about 2 T...but that is my preference. By doing that, I find that it does not diminish the taste at all. If you can, use fresh rosemary....it makes all the difference!!!
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 4 1⁄2 tablespoons honey
- 6 garlic cloves, minced (or more to taste!)
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 2 1⁄2 lbs flank steaks
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all ingredients except steak in a 13x9x2 inch glass baking dish.
- Add steak and turn to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate at least two hours, turning occasionally.
- Preheat grill or broiler to medium high heat.
- Remove meat from marinade and discard marinade.
- Grill steak to desired doneness, about 4 minutes per side for medium rare.
- Transfer steak to work surface and let stand 5 minutes.
- Cut across grain into thin strips.
- Arrange on a platter and serve.