Prep 20 mins
Cook 8 mins
This is a great "company" meal and goes well with the potato gratin with boursin that Mean Chef posted. It's from Bon Appetite's "Entertaining with Style" 1996. I have served it often and always gotten rave reviews from everyone.
- Mix all ingredients except steak in a 13x9x2 inch glass baking dish.
- Add steak and turn to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate at least two hours, turning occasionally.
- Preheat grill or broiler to medium high heat.
- Remove meat from marinade and discard marinade.
- Grill steak to desired doneness, about 4 minutes per side for medium rare.
- Transfer steak to work surface and let stand 5 minutes.
- Cut across grain into thin strips.
- Arrange on a platter and serve.
I have been making this marinade since it was published in Bon Appetit years ago (we are not counting!!!) I do have a habit of cutting the oil down to about 2 T...but that is my preference. By doing that, I find that it does not diminish the taste at all. If you can, use fresh rosemary....it makes all the difference!!!
We've been making this since it was first published in Bon Appetit in 1996...a family favorite and always a big hit with guests. Haven't found a better flank steak recipe anywhere!
Great marinade...meat was tender and flavorful. Thank you for contributing!