1/4 Photos of Grilled Flank Steak With Pebre
Pebre is a Chilean salsa, a zesty compliment to the beef steak. Used here both as a marinade and a condiment. (Adapted from Canadian Living )
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs beef flank steak (about 1 inch thick)
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 cup fresh cilantro
- 1 cup fresh parsley
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and finely chopped
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil (or veggie oil)
- 1/4 cup sherry wine vinegar (or red wine vinegar)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced (or more if you wish)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tomatoes, seeded and finely diced
- 2In food processor, (I used my blender), chop together onions, cilantro, parsley, jalapeno peppers and 1/2 cup water; transfer to a bowl, stir in oil, vinegar, garlic and salt. Make it as smooth or chunky as you prefer, we like ours chunky.
- 3In a large shallow dish or zip lock bag, spoon half of the pebre over the steak; turn to coat; cover and refrigerate steak and remaining pebre separately for at least 4 hours or up to 24 hours.
- 4Discard the marinade and place the steak on a veggie sprayed grill over medium high heat, close lid and grill turning once until desired doneness, about 10 minutes for medium rare.
- 5Transfer to cutting board and tent with foil, let stand for 5 minutes before slicing thinly across the grain.
- 6Stir the tomatoes into the remaining pebre and serve with the steak.
- 7Alternately; I grill my steak on a veggie oil sprayed griddler, close lid and grill for no more than 5 minutes for medium rare.
Browse Our Top Steak Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Flank Steak With Pebre
Serving Size: 1 (140 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 324.5
- Calories from Fat 177
- Total Fat 19.7 g
- Saturated Fat 5.6 g
- Cholesterol 57.8 mg
- Sodium 167.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 32.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
sherry wine vinegar