Recipe by chia
i adapted this recipe from another site. easy summer meal.
Top Review by JillAZ
Wonderful flavor! So easy to put the marinade together. I didn't have enought lime juice and substituted some orange juice. About 1/2 lime and 1/2 orange juices. Fantastic! I put this together in the morning and let it marinate all day. We served with black bean and corn salad, warm tortillas and mexican rice. Wonderful meal - thanks for a great, easy recipe!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs flank steaks or 1 1⁄2 lbs tri-tip steak, scored slightly in a crosswise pattern
- 3⁄4 cup honey
- 3 -4 tablespoons chipotle chiles in adobo, minced,to taste
- 4 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 3⁄4 cup lime juice
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1⁄2-1 cup cilantro, chopped,to taste
- salt & fresh ground pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix honey with chilies, mustard, lime juice, garlic, cumin, allspice and cilantro.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Marinate steak at least 1 hour, or overnight.
- Drain off marinade into small saucepan and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Grill or barbecue steak, basting with marinade, 5- minutes per side, according to preference.
- Slice steak against the grain and pour remaining marinade over meat.