i adapted this recipe from another site. easy summer meal.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs flank steaks or 1 1/2 lbs tri-tip steak, scored slightly in a crosswise pattern
- 3/4 cup honey
- 3 -4 tablespoons chipotle chiles in adobo, minced,to taste
- 4 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 3/4 cup lime juice
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2-1 cup cilantro, chopped,to taste
- salt & fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 1Mix honey with chilies, mustard, lime juice, garlic, cumin, allspice and cilantro.
- 2Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 3Marinate steak at least 1 hour, or overnight.
- 4Drain off marinade into small saucepan and simmer for 5 minutes.
- 5Grill or barbecue steak, basting with marinade, 5- minutes per side, according to preference.
- 6Slice steak against the grain and pour remaining marinade over meat.
Browse Our Top Steak Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Steak Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Flank Steak With Lime-chipotle Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (299 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 672.0
- Calories from Fat 178
- Total Fat 19.8 g
- Saturated Fat 7.8 g
- Cholesterol 92.9 mg
- Sodium 355.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 78.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 71.2 g
- Protein 49.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
chipotle chiles in adobo