Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep1 hr 10 mins
Fire up the grill!A recent discussion on the boards reminded me of this recipe.This is 'green steak' that is good! Prep time includes marinating time.
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup red wine vinegar
- 4 large green onions, cut into 3 inch pieces
- 1 cup loosely packed fresh parsley leaves
- 1 cup loosely packed fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 small jalapeno, seeded and cut into strips
- 2 teaspoons fresh minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt (I prefer kosher)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 1⁄2 lbs flank steaks
- Pour olive oil and vinegar in a blender,add onions,herb leaves,the jalapeno,and garlic.
- Blend until consistancy of a smooth paste.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Place steak in non-reactive pan,Cover with paste (reserving a small amount to seerve with meat.) Let sit at least one hour.
- Heat grill to medium-high.
- Sprinkle steak with additional salt and pepper if desired.
- Grill each side for 3-5 minutes for medium-rare (longer if desired) Slice and serve with remaining sauce.
I tried this recipe last night for dinner. It was Yumtastic! I finished it off with a salad and roasted potatoes. excellent recipe.