Recipe by Divinemom5
Fire up the grill!A recent discussion on the boards reminded me of this recipe.This is 'green steak' that is good! Prep time includes marinating time.
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup red wine vinegar
- 4 large green onions, cut into 3 inch pieces
- 1 cup loosely packed fresh parsley leaves
- 1 cup loosely packed fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 small jalapeno, seeded and cut into strips
- 2 teaspoons fresh minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt (I prefer kosher)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 1⁄2 lbs flank steaks
Directions See How It's Made
- Pour olive oil and vinegar in a blender,add onions,herb leaves,the jalapeno,and garlic.
- Blend until consistancy of a smooth paste.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Place steak in non-reactive pan,Cover with paste (reserving a small amount to seerve with meat.) Let sit at least one hour.
- Heat grill to medium-high.
- Sprinkle steak with additional salt and pepper if desired.
- Grill each side for 3-5 minutes for medium-rare (longer if desired) Slice and serve with remaining sauce.