Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Don't waste hours marinating flank steak before cooking it. Coating the grilled steak with a potent sauce adds just as much flavor. The recipe is from Cook's Country Magazine.
- Combine parsley, onion, garlic, vinegar, oil, pepper flakes, and salt and pepper to taste in a small bowl.
- Season steak with kosher salt to taste.
- Grilled over very hot fire until browned on both sides and slightly less done than you want, about 10 minutes.
- Place steak in a baking dish and coat with parsley sauce.
- Cover dish with foil and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Slice steak thinly against the grain and serve with sauce remaining in baking dish.
I loved this! I used this sauce on some strip loin steaks. I chose it over other "chimichura" sauces because it had less fat and less garlic. Unfortunately I only had yellow onions, I think it would be better with red, but it was still great! I blitzed it in the processor. I have some left over and might use it on some vegies or fresh tomatoes. I will definitely make this again to use with steak, thank you for posting!