Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This sounds and looked soooooooo good. I can't wait to try it. Show: Quick Fix Meals with Robin Miller Episode: Glaze, Bake, Wrap and Dunk
- cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons triple peppercorns (recommended ( peppercorn melange)
- 1 (1 1/4 lb) flank steaks
- 2 teaspoons garlic flakes
- 4 slices bacon, diced
- 1⁄2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup reduced-sodium beef broth
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- Heat a stove-top grill pan or griddle with cooking spray over medium-high heat to preheat.
- Place peppercorns in a plastic bag and smash with the flat side of a meat mallet, or bottom of a heavy skillet, until finely crushed.
- Season both sides of flank steak with crushed peppercorns, salt and garlic flakes.
- Place steak on hot grill pan and cook 5 minutes per side for medium doneness.
- Remove from heat and let steak rest 10 minutes.
- Slice meat crosswise into 1/4-inch thick slices.
- While the steak is cooking, Place diced bacon in a large skillet over medium heat until browned and crisp.
- Add vinegar and bring to a simmer for 5 minutes, or until liquid reduces.
- In a small bowl, add broth and cornstarch, whisking until cornstarch is completely dissolved, and add to skillet.
- Simmer 2 minutes bringing to a full boil, until sauce thickens.
- Remove from heat, spoon sauce over steak slices and top with parsley.