Recipe by lazyme
These are great sandwiches for a crowd during the summer. The ingredients marinate for a few hours, so you can make them ahead. Then, they go on the grill and cook very quickly. We also make these with flank steak leftovers by scaling the ingredients down. Time does not include marinating time.
Top Review by diner524
Loved it!!!! I didn't make this meat into sandwiches, just grilled the flank steak and served with the grilled peppers and onions and it made for a great dinner. It was very quick to put together but with wonderful flavors!!!! Will definitely be making this again!! Thanks for a great recipe, Lazyme!!! Made for ZWT4.
- 3 cups dry red wine
- 3 cups onions, chopped
- 2 1⁄4 cups soy sauce
- 3⁄4 cup olive oil
- 8 large garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon dry mustard
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 4 1⁄2 lbs flank steaks
- 6 large bell peppers, 3/8 inch wide strips
- 3 large red onions, 1/2 inch thick rings
- French roll, grilled
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine first 7 ingredients in large bowl. Divide steaks, bell peppers and red onions among large shallow pans. Pour marinade over. Turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate 3 to 6 hours.
- Prepare barbecue (high heat). Drain steaks and vegetables. Grill steaks to desired degree of doneness, about 4 minutes per side for rare. Transfer to platter. Grill vegetables until beginning to brown, about 4 minutes per side. Slice steaks thinly across grain. Arrange steaks and vegetable on large platter. Serve with grilled rolls, allowing diners to assemble sandwiches.