1/6 Photos of Grilled Flank Steak Argentine
2 hrs 41 mins
2 hrs 15 mins
Excellant!!! edited from Cooking Smart for a healthy heart.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 78.07 ml reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 14.79 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 9.85 ml fresh lemon juice
- 2 clove garlic, smashed
- 14.79 ml chopped fresh oregano or 4.92 ml dried oregano
- 2.46 ml crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 118.29 ml finely chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1 beef flank steak, 1 inch thick,about 1 lb
- 2.46 ml salt
- 2.46 ml pepper
- 4 medium baking potatoes, scrubbed
- 1Put broth, oil, lemon juice, garlic, oregano, red pepper, onion, and parsley in large zip lock plastic bag.
- 2Seal bag tightly and shake to mix Chimichurri sauce.
- 3Rub steak on both sides with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, and then put steak into bag and close.
- 4Refrigerate at least 30 minutes, or up to 2 hours, turning bag one time.
- 5Meanwhile, place a wire cookling rack over paper towels.
- 6Cut potatoes lenghtwise, do not peel, into 1/2 inch thick slices.
- 7Bring potatoes, remaining salt and pepper and enough water to cover to a boil in large saucepan over high heat.
- 8Reduce heat to medium and simmer until potatoes are almost tender, about 10 minutes, transfer potatoes back to rack.
- 9Lightly coat potatoes on both sides with veggie cooking spray, butter or olive oil flavoured.
- 10Remove steak from sauce.
- 11Boil sauce vigorously in small saucepan 3 minutes, stirring constantly, remove from heat and cover to keep warm.
- 12Meanwhile, coat grill pan with veggie spray and set over medium high heat.
- 13Cook steak and potatoes until steak is done to taste, 3 to 4 minutes on each side for medium rare, 4 to 5 minutes for medium; and potatoes are crispy, about 4 minutes per side.
- 14Thinly slice steak across the grain.
- 15Divide potato and steak slices among 4 plates.
- 16Spoon about 2 tablespoons warm Chimichurri sauce over each serving.
Browse Our Top Marinades and Rubs Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Marinades and Rubs Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Flank Steak Argentine
Serving Size: 1 (286 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 360.9
- Calories from Fat 114
- Total Fat 12.7 g
- Saturated Fat 4.2 g
- Cholesterol 78.3 mg
- Sodium 358.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 30.1 g