Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
From Real Simple. I don't like eggplant, so I will use zucchini or yellow squash.
- 1 lb flank steak
- kosher salt and pepper
- 1 medium eggplant, cut into 1/2-inch rounds
- 2 bell peppers, quartered (any color)
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- Heat grill to medium-high heat. Season the steak with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper.
- Grill to the desired doneness, 4 to 5 minutes per side for medium-rare. Transfer to a cutting board and let rest 5 minutes before slicing.
- Meanwhile, brush both sides of the eggplant and peppers with 3 tablespoons of the oil. Season with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- Grill until tender, 4 to 5 minutes per side.
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining oil, vinegar, garlic, and parsley.
- Divide the steak and vegetables among individual plates. Spoon the sauce over the vegetables or serve on the side.
- Tip: To serve this meal to a crowd, double the recipe and make it several hours in advance.
- Refrigerate, then serve at room temperature. You can use leftovers in sandwiches.