Recipe by diner524
Mustard and soy sauce really add flavor to this juicy flank steak. Served with a potato dish and salad makes for a wonderful meal. Recipe from TOH.
Top Review by smellyvegetarian
To echo other reviewers, what a great marinade! It was very simple to throw together and tasted absolutely delicious! I voted for trying it with the mustard but DS and DH outvoted me :(. I'm sure it is delicious, though! Thanks for posting!
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup red wine (or beef broth)
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 beef flank steak (1-1/2 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first seven ingredients; mix well. Add beef; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for several hours or overnight, turning once.
- Drain and discard marinade. Brush both sides of meat with mustard. Grill, covered, over medium-hot heat for 5-10 minutes on each side (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°. Slice thinly across the grain.