Recipe by LARavenscroft
This is a recipe that I got from my oldest son when he was a student at Purdue University in their Hospitality and Tourism program. This is the flank steak recipe that is served in the restaurant at the Student Union. Marinating time not included. This also works well on other cuts of steak.
Top Review by Nif
Oh so yummy!!!!! I marinated the steak for about 20 hours and it was delish! I didn't change a thing and nor would I! I had this with Recipe #378030 and Recipe #386664. Made for Went to the Market Tag. Thanks LARavenscroft! :)
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1⁄4 cup gluten-free soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 -2 lb flank steak
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all ingredients except steak in a small bowl.
- Mix well to combine.
- Place flank steak in a large zip top bag.
- Add marinade ingredients.
- Refrigerate 8 hours or overnight.
- When ready to cook, remove from marinade and discard marinade.
- Grill 5 minutes per side.
- Allow to rest 5-10 minutes after grilling before slicing.