Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 hrs
Another recipe to try this summer on the grill. The marinating time is the cooking time.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs flank steaks
- 10 1⁄2 ounces consomme
- 1 cup red wine
- 2⁄3 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- Trim excess fat from steak and score on both sides in 1 1/2-inch squares.
- Place steak in a shallow dish.
- Combine remaining ingredients, stirring well.
- Pour over steaks; cover and marinate in the refrigerator 8 hours, turning occasionally.
- Drain steak, reserving marinade.
- Grill over medium6 coals 7 to 9 minutes on each side or to desired degree of doneness, basting twice with reserved marinade.
- To serve, slice steak across the grain into thin slices.