Recipe by ellie_
This is a good (almost) effortless steak perfect for summertime suppers. Prep time does not incude marinating time (8 hours or overnight). Recipe source: Cooking with Fire and Smoke
Top Review by Barb G.
This is a delicious Flank Steak, so tender and tasty. I made it just like the recipe said and marinaded it for about 10 hours. The marinade made a great yummy sauce, I didn't strain it. Served it with grilled veggies and a salad for a delicious dinner.
- 1 flank steak, 1/2 inch thick (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 cup safflower oil (or other veg oil)
- 1⁄2 cup tomato juice (or V-8 juice)
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce (we use low sodium)
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- vegetable oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Score the flank steak on each side, making a diamond pattern about 1/8-inch deep. Place flank steak in a dish for marinating.
- Combine the marinade ingredients (garlic - pepper) in a cup or bowl. Pour over steak. Refrigerate at least 4 hours or overnight. Let stand at room temperature before grilling.
- Preheat grill.
- Drain marinade from steak into a saucepan. Heat marinade to boililng point and then strain into another pan and keep warm.
- Brush the grids lightly with vegetable oil.
- Grill steak over hot coals (or high heat) for 3-5 minutes per side. Carve steak diagnolly.
- If desired served with sauce or with grilled onions and mushrooms.