Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a very simple dish it is more of a summer dish, but I thought I would post it as I fancied something a little lighter the other night and made this. It is extremely healthy low in fat and carbohydrates, yet has loads of flavour. I just serve this with salad on the side.
- 4 firm white fish fillets (I used cod, but I have also made this with halibut which is yummy.)
- olive oil
- 1 medium red pepper
- 1 medium green pepper
- 3 1⁄2 tablespoons corn kernels, drained
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons fresh coriander, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 60 ml sweet chili sauce
- 1 large avocado
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 pinch cayenne (I do quite a generous pinch)
- 3⁄4 teaspoon sugar
- Quarter peppers and remove seeds and membranes. Grill pepper, skin side up, until skin blisters and blackens. Peel skin away and chop finely. Combine pepper and remaining ingredients in a bowl, mix well, refrigerate until needed.
- Avocado Sauce.
- Mash avocado in a bowl with lime juice until quite smooth, add garlic, mayo, cayenne and sugar and mix, until well combined. Again refrigerate until needed.
- Brush fish with olive oil, BBQ, Grill or pan fry fish until tender and cooked through. Cooking time will vary according to the thickness of the fish, but it will be no longer than 6-10 minutes.
- To serve: Arrange fish on a plate spoon salsa over the top serve avocado sauce on the side. I also serve a nice green salad with this dish, very light and yummy.
We love, love loved the avocado cream, but thought the sweet chilli was overpowering in the salsa. Both of us agreed less sweet chilli or more vinegar would improve it. A squeeze of lime made it better. We cooked fresh Spangled Emperor that we caught ourselvess today
Amazing salsa, used cilantro instead of coriander, avocado sauce is superb