Recipe by Kauaian cook
Found on the internet, this works well with mahi mahi, ono, opakapaka -- would also try on seabass, scrod, or snapper as well. Easy -- you bet!!! With a nice, light flavor.
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar (or white wine vinegar)
- 1 inch ginger, grated
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 2 fish fillets (about 2/3 lb. total weight)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all marinate ingredients in a ziplock plastic bag.
- Gently swish to mix.
- Add fish fillets; refrigerate, turning bag once or twice, about an hour.
- Prepare grill: use cooking spray to coat grill.
- Remove fillets from marinate and grill to desired doneness- try 3 minutes for the first side, flip (add salt& pepper on the cooked side) and continue cooking until fish reaches desired doneness.
- Wintertime cooking: omit canola oil from marinate.
- Spray sauté pan with cooking spray, heat to medium high and add canola oil to pan.
- Sauté fillets over medium high heat (you'll need a splatter screen!).