Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
- Prepare grill.
- Soak eight or 12 8-inch wooden skewers in water for 10 minutes.
- In a small bowl or cup, mix cumin with onion purée and a little lemon juice to make a paste.
- Add more juice as needed.
- Stir in oil.
- Rinse fish and pat dry with paper towels.
- If using whole fish, cut a few deep slashes in the sides to allow the seasonings in and to speed cooking.
- Rub a little of the seasoning mixture on the whole fish, inside and out, or on both fillet sides.
- Thread fish on skewers (use an in-and-out"basting stitch") and grill over hot coals for about five minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
- The fish should still be moist.
- Serve hot with lemon wedges.
Cumin and lemon juice give this fish a tremendous burst of flavor. Next time I'd add a little salt. Or consider sprinkling with salt after it's finished cooking.