Recipe by breezermom
This recipe works great with any firm, white fish. I recommend red snapper fillets, grouper fillets, or amberjack for saltwater fish. Catfish or tilapia for freshwater fish. The cooktime specified is for fillets about 1 inch thick, so adjust your cooking time accordingly. If you don't have a fish grilling basket, you can use a disposable aluminum pan...directions are included. Be sure to rinse the capers to remove the excess salt.
Top Review by loof
Really delicious fish recipe! I was out of pimentos so had to skip them, otherwise made as directed. I used tilapia and the wonderful sauce was perfect with it. Thanks for sharing the recipe!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided (add 1/2 tsp if using a disposable aluminum pan to grill your fish in)
- 6 fish fillets, about 2 pounds
- 1 teaspoon dried dill
- 3⁄4 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 (2 ounce) jar pimentos, diced and drained
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 1 teaspoon capers
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper, cracked
- 2 lemons, thinly sliced
- 2 limes, thinly sliced
- fresh parsley sprig
Directions See How It's Made
- Brush your fish basket with oil, or if using a disposable 13X9X2 inch aluminum pan, brush it with 1/2 tsp olive oil. Place the fillets in the basket or pan -- do not overlap the fillets. Brush the fillets with 1 tbsp olive oil. Sprinkle fillets with dillweed, lemon-pepper seasoning, and salt.
- Place the pan on a grill rack; grill, covered, over medium-hot coals about 25 minutes (depends on the thickness of your fish fillets). Cook until the fish flakes easily when tested with a fork. Transfer fillets to a serving platter and keep warm.
- While the fish is on the grill, prepare your sauce. Saute the onion in 1 tbsp olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat, stirring constantly until tender. Remove from heat. Stir in the mayonnaise and next 5 ingredients. Cook over low heat, stirring frequently, just until heated. This process takes about 7 to 10 minutes, so start it according to the thickness of your fish.
- Arrange lemon and lime slices around the fillets. Garnish with parsley sprigs, if desired. Spoon the sauce over the fillets and serve.