Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Choose your favorite seasoning to rub on the fish before grilling. You can also use frozen thawed fish fillets if you want. Toasting the focaccia or buns before serving adds a little crunch to your meal.
- 4 (4 ounce) fresh fish fillets, use your favorite fish
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice or 1 tablespoon lime juice
Use ONE of the following
- 1 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1 teaspoon jamaican jerk spice
- 1 teaspoon cajun seasoning
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 4 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 -3 teaspoon honey
- 4 slices focaccia bread or 4 slices kaiser rolls or 4 slices hamburger buns, split and toasted
- watercress (optional) or lettuce leaf (optional)
- tomato, slices (optional)
- Brush fillets with lemon or lime juice.
- Rub with desired seasoning evenly on all sides of fish.
- Place the seasoned fillets in a well-greased wire grill basket.
- Grill in the basket over medium heat for 4 to 6 minutes for each 1/2-inch thickness of fish or until fish begins to flake easily with a fork.
- Meanwhile, make spread by combining mayo, mustard and honey (to taste) in a small bowl.
- To serve, spread cut sides of focaccia with the spread.
- On bottom half of focaccia slices, put watercress, tomato, fish, and top slice.
Easy versatile fish sandwich recipe. I used cajun seasoning, and pan-fried tilapia fillets instead of grilling. The honey-mustard mayo was great with this. I added the optional lettuce and tomatoes, along with a bit of pickle relish.