Recipe by -Sylvie-
This recipe comes from a Moroccan cookbook that I once found in a bargain book shop. You can either use the grill on your oven or BBQ them. They are really tasty and served with green salad they make a light meal. The coriander in this recipe refers to fresh leaves/cilantro, not the seeds. The preparation time includes time for marinating, otherwise it would only be about 15 minutes.
Top Review by Chabear01
Made these up for ZWT II, I marinated some mushroom caps with the fish, parboiled some yams with pineapple juice, then cut up a wonderfully ripe pineapple. Set everything out and let people make up their own skewers to BBQ on the grill. This made a great dinner for a pool party with friends. Unfortunately, the pics I took were useless as I forgot to put the darned memory card back in the camera. But want to thank you for a wonderful recipe anyway.
- 700 g thick firm white fish fillets, cut into 1 inch cubes (such as monkfish or cod)
- 1⁄2 onion, very finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh coriander, chopped
- 2 tablespoons flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 pinch saffron
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl mix all ingredients apart from the fish.
- Add the fish to the marinade and make sure it is coated all over.
- Leave to marinate for at least two hours, stirring from time to time.
- Divide the fish onto four skewers. (Tip: If you use bamboo ones soak them in water beforehand to stop them from burning).
- Place under a hot grill or onto the BBQ and leave for about 8 minutes or until cooked through.
- Turn only once.