Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
I adopted this recipe from the Recipezaar account. Last summer, I prepared this recipe with a few changes (as stated in the comment section below) and really enjoyed it.
- On 4 large buttered squares of heavy-duty aluminum foil, place equal amounts of fish.
- In small saucepan, melt margarine; add lemon juice, parsley, dill weed, salt and pepper.
- Pour equal amounts over fish.
- Sprinkle with paprika; top with onion slices.
- Wrap foil securely around fish, leaving space for fish to expand.
- Grill 5 to 7 minutes on each side or until fish flakes with fork.
- Refrigerate leftovers.
Easy to fix and tastes great.I am always looking for a easy way to fix a healthy meal and this one fits my needs and my family's taste.
I fixed this using catfish and butter and it was fabulous. It's almost a sin to be able to fix something so fast and easy and then taste that great. Thanks for posting this. A repeater for sure.
Simple to prepare, delicious, healthy, and minimal clean-up? JOY!!!
I made very minor deviations from the recipe: combo of butter and evoo; lime juice; dried parsley and dill, added some granulated garlic. (Can you tell it was hot and I didn't want to go to the market?) As others suggested, I put the oil/butter on first, then sprinkled on the other ingredients (just eyeballing amounts).
I put the packets on a cold gas grill, then turned it on high for 6 minutes, after which I turned off the heat but didn't open the cover for another 6 minutes. (No preheating and no turning the packets.) My 1/2-lb. swai fillets were done to perfection. The liquid from the packets was wonderful over brown jasmine rice.