Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
I love fish, but since I am the only one in my family that eats it, I never cook it at home. This is an easy recipe to start with for me; can be grilled or broiled.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs white-fleshed fish, cod, haddock or 1 1⁄2 lbs sole
- 1⁄2 cup Italian salad dressing
- In a large bowl, marinate fillets in salad dressing in refrigerator fo 30 minutes.
- Preheat BBQ grill; place fillets in a hinged grill basket that has been coated with cooking spray, or oil the grill grates and place fish right on grill.
- Grill for about 10 minutes per inch-thickness of fish or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- To broil; preheat the broiler and brush the broiler pan with oil.
- Place fish about 4 inches from the broiler unit and broil for 10 minutes per inch-thickness of fish or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
Great recipe. I broiled it but next time I will grill it. A touch of smokiness would have been perfect. UP DATE 12/10/12 First sunny day in a very long time; started the grill, and re-did this recipe: FANTASTIC. I would say that grilling is the way to go.
This was really good grilled....love the smokiness of grilled fish. I followed the suggestion for fish and used cod. Next time I'll use red snapper, redfish, triggerfish, or grouper....just prefer the texture of those fishes. This is so easy to make....no need for other seasonings from the grill...can't vouch for the broiling method, as most of the flavor comes from the charcoal grill. Made for Newest tag!