Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
Bottled sweet chili sauce can be found in the international section of your grocery store. Orange marmalade can replace the apricot in this juicy chicken recipe.
- 2.46 ml salt
- 2.46 ml garlic powder
- 1.23 ml pepper
- 2267.96 g roasting chickens, cut into 8 pieces
- 78.07 ml apricot preserves
- 29.58 ml sweet chili sauce
- 14.79 ml scallion, finely chopped
- 4.92 ml ginger, grated
- 4.92 ml soy sauce
- Prepare grill for indirect-heat cooking.
- Combine salt, garlic powder and pepper; sprinkle over chicken.
- Combine the last five ingredients, including the preserves, sweet chili sauce, scallion, ginger and soy sauce; set aside.
- Grill chicken, skin-side down, over direct heat until browned, 5 minutes.
- Turn; place over indirect heat.
- Cover; grill 45 minutes, and baste occasionally with the apricot-chili sauce mixture.
We were so intent on something yummy from the grill that DH grilled this for us as snow fell from the sky & it rewarded his effort. I used skinless & boneless chicken breasts we found on sale at the lowest price in 5 yrs, but otherwise made as written. The breasts were lrg, so I cut them in medallions to serve but the meat was fork-tender. The basting sauce had an excellent balance of sweet + savory & I may dbl it next time so I can make a light sauce for the chicken. We loved this tasty chicken, Lainey. Thx for sharing the recipe w/us. :-)