Bottled sweet chili sauce can be found in the international section of your grocery store. Orange marmalade can replace the apricot in this juicy chicken recipe.
- Prepare grill for indirect-heat cooking.
- Combine salt, garlic powder and pepper; sprinkle over chicken.
- Combine the last five ingredients, including the preserves, sweet chili sauce, scallion, ginger and soy sauce; set aside.
- Grill chicken, skin-side down, over direct heat until browned, 5 minutes.
- Turn; place over indirect heat.
- Cover; grill 45 minutes, and baste occasionally with the apricot-chili sauce mixture.