Prep 35 mins
Cook 15 mins
Seems like a lot of Asian dishes are named "Firecracker" and I don't want to confuse you. This isn't Asian, rather, it was inspired by the name of the song that was playing when I first made the marinade.
- 1⁄3 cup tomato sauce
- 1⁄4 cup apricot jam
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1⁄2 jalapeno pepper, chopped (take out seeds if you don't like it H.O.T.)
- 4 (5 ounce) chicken breasts
- 2 tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Fire up that grill!
- Puree the first 5 ingredients. Place about 1/2 of this in a zipper bag with the chicken breasts and marinate for 30 minutes.
- Combine the next 5 ingredients and season. Keep cool and covered until serving.
- When Chicken is marinated, remove from the bag, season with salt and pepper and grill for about 6 minutes per side( you should know your grill). Use the remaining-fresh marinade to baste the chicken as it grills or as sauce when it is done. It will get nice and dark (I love the charred sugar smell from the jelly).
- Serve with the dressed avocado and tomatoes.
Excellent! We really enjoyed the combination of the sweet and heat, fruit and garlic. Removing the jalapeno seeds left the sauce with a kick without it being hot. I did not serve it with the avacado and tomatoes as I knew kids wouldn't eat it and didn't even miss that part of it. I'll make this marinade again without changing a thing. Thank you, TooAllergic!