Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
A recipe that I found for ZWT on All British Food.com. This says to use a grill pan but also could be grilled on the BBQ, which is what I will do. Sounds so fresh and flavorful.
- 4 beef steak fillets
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 4 teaspoons dried parsley (or 3 tbsp chopped fresh)
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon dried basil (or chopped fresh basil)
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Mix oil, lemon juice, parsley, garlic, basil and pepper.
- Roll steak in mixture and leave in refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Place meat on the rack of a grill pan and cook 10 cm (4 inches) under a pre-heated grill for 5 to 7 minutes in total (rare) or 7 to 10 minutes in total (medium), basting meat with remaining oil mixture.
- Season with salt and serve immediately.
I cooked my steak on a cast iron grill pan under the broiler for 5 minutes. That's all there was to it. I didn't even have to turn it.
Quick, simple and packed with flavor. Our steaks tasted like they were made in a high-end restaurant. Used fresh basil & parsley instead of dry and olive oil instead of cooking oil. The steaks were tender and the rub was divine. Marinaded for about 90 minutes and fired up the grill. Passed the 5 star test with 8 out of 8 family members who were here for dinner tonight. Great find during ZWT8.
A quick and simple recipe. Loved it! The steak was tender and delicious. Thanks for posting. :)