Recipe by Chef mariajane
Such a nice light dessert dish - very very tasty!!
Top Review by juniperwoman
I made a very simplified version of this recipe, which I recommend. We made two servings this way: we tossed six halved figs in a little olive oil, grilled them for about four minutes per side, and then let them sit on the grill (with no heat) to keep them warm while we ate dinner.
When we were ready for dessert, we poured an undrained Greek yogurt into a bowl, then did up another, then added the figs to the bowls, frizzling a tiny, tiny amount of honey over the top. We skipped the hazelnuts.
An outstanding dish, one which we will make whenever we see figs at the farmer's market!
- 1 1⁄2 cups balkan-style yogurt
- 4 fresh figs, halved
- 2 tablespoons mild and light olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbps. toasted hazelnuts, coarsely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain yogurt in the fridge in a cheesecloth-lined strainer for 2 hours or until thickened.
- Toss figs in mild and light olive oil; grill over medium heat until warmed through and softened. Spoon yogurt onto plate, top with warm figs and drizzle with honey and extra virgin olive oil. Sprinkle with hazelnuts.