I have been promised fresh figs this year so here is a lovely recipe to use them! Mmmm..mmmmm.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a small saucepan, bring honey to a simmer, add thyme sprigs.
- 2Turn off heat and let cool for 15 minutes or more while grilling the figs and bread.
- 3Start a charcoal fire in an outdoor grill or preheat a gas grill, or preheat broiler.
- 4Cut figs in half, and toss them in a small bowl with 2 teaspoons olive oil and thyme leaves.
- 5Set grill rack 4 inches from fire, or broiler heat.
- 6When the charcoal is ashed over and glowing, or the gas grill is medium-hot,or broiler hot, grill figs quickly until they are heated through but not collapsed, 1 to 2 minutes on each side.
- 7Transfer to a platter.
- 8Cut 24 1/2-inch-thick slices from the bread, and brush both sides lightly with olive oil.
- 9Toast bread on both sides on the grill away from direct heat, or under broiler, or in toaster.
- 10Spread cheese on toast, and top with figs.
- 11Remove thyme sprigs from honey with a fork and discard, then drizzle honey over figs and toast slices.
- 12Serve at once.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Figs With Thyme Honey and Gorgonzola Toasts
Serving Size: 1 (171 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 558.5
- Calories from Fat 88
- Total Fat 9.8 g
- Saturated Fat 4.8 g
- Cholesterol 15.9 mg
- Sodium 955.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 99.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.9 g
- Sugars 27.6 g
- Protein 20.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: