Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
I have been promised fresh figs this year so here is a lovely recipe to use them! Mmmm..mmmmm.
Make and share this Grilled Figs With Thyme Honey and Gorgonzola Toasts recipe from Food.com.
- In a small saucepan, bring honey to a simmer, add thyme sprigs.
- Turn off heat and let cool for 15 minutes or more while grilling the figs and bread.
- Start a charcoal fire in an outdoor grill or preheat a gas grill, or preheat broiler.
- Cut figs in half, and toss them in a small bowl with 2 teaspoons olive oil and thyme leaves.
- Set grill rack 4 inches from fire, or broiler heat.
- When the charcoal is ashed over and glowing, or the gas grill is medium-hot,or broiler hot, grill figs quickly until they are heated through but not collapsed, 1 to 2 minutes on each side.
- Transfer to a platter.
- Cut 24 1/2-inch-thick slices from the bread, and brush both sides lightly with olive oil.
- Toast bread on both sides on the grill away from direct heat, or under broiler, or in toaster.
- Spread cheese on toast, and top with figs.
- Remove thyme sprigs from honey with a fork and discard, then drizzle honey over figs and toast slices.
- Serve at once.
Made these tasty little buggers just to tantalize my vegetarian son & DIL, & they were more than just tantalized ~ Don't think my son had ever tasted a fig other than in a store-bought fig bar, & he really enjoyed them, as did we all! Now this recipe really is a keeper & I know we'll enjoy them again, for sure! Thanks for sharing the recipe!